About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

'Til We Meet Again. . .Amanda Anderson

How very, very sorry I was to hear the heartbreaking news concerning Amanda Anderson's death. It was too much for my mind to comprehend.  I love her family.  Her grandparents on both sides of the family are friends of Tom and I and have been for many years.  Tom's dad was a friend of Bro. Myron Anderson and Bro. Myron's pastor, (elder) Bro. Benfield.

Amanda was blessed to have many seasoned men and women of God as part of her legacy.

As I was praying I asked the Lord to let me "see" something good even in this situation.  The Lord made me aware of how blessed Amanda was -in her 19 years- to have been given words of eternal life.  Her life wasn't wasted on worldly things that have no eternal value.  She was blessed to know the Lord in spirit and in truth.  Amanda was blessed to have already given many hours of service to the Great God of Heaven in the few years she was allowed on earth.  God will honor her service.  These blessings were made available to her through the teaching and actions of her parents, grand-parents, church family and teachers.  Amanda acted on what they taught her and made choices in agreement with the Lord.

Amanda knew how to respond to the prompting of the Lord.  She gave a great testimony here in Humble, Texas while here  with a group from Tyler.  Even though someone evil took Amanda's natural existence from her, she will live on in God's mind until He calls her name and she once again responds to His prompting.  Because she responded to His call while she was living, she will "wake up" when it's time for her to respond to Him again.

I am so thankful that we will see her again. She will again rejoice with us because of the faith that was planted deep within her heart.

May her memory continue to bless all who loved her. May His great faithfulness -even in death- be the victory of our hope even in this dark hour. 

No comments: