About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Men ought to always pray. . .Oh Yes!



And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Luke 18:1

Well, today I had phone calls from across the nation. . . 
about two prayer requests
mentioned at the camp meeting. . .
It was a request that made me feel like "fainting" from fear
we'd be missing the Lord. . .
I felt concerned back here in Texas.
So, I called my husband who is at the meeting in Kentucky for his take on what I'd heard.
He assured me things were "okay".
The wonderful spirit that is always felt on "the hill" was
there and people were holding on to what caused God's spirit to be there
in the first place.

So then, I thought, I shouldn't feel like fainting,
I should feel like things really do need prayer!
I should feel like every single move we make as people
 representing the Lord is very important.
We can't determine God's direction as easily as who has the biggest building or who has the most money. . .it's where is the Lord most welcome.
We can't use our own logic or brain power to make spiritual choices. . .
we've got to remember it's the power and presence of God that
makes the difference.
We can't make a difference in this world if we don't allow HIM to be in control no matter where we are.

We can't say, "Jesus, you be there to back me up but let me lead."
We have to say, "Jesus, you lead and I'll back you up.


"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."
Zechariah 4:6

So, I will pray. . .and pray. . .and keep on praying until
God gives me the grace to recognize how and what He's wanting from me.
If I make it, it will be because of HIM. . .Jesus.
Because HE gave me the grace to "proceed" through every conflict
and because I was willing to accept grace
and continue walking in His steps.
Yes, I will pray.
Solomon was "the wisest man" but when he made decisions without
the direction of the Lord. . .his wisdom failed. . .
and he failed.
I don't want to fail. 


"Help us, Lord, to never lean to our own understanding, but to acknowledge
you in ALL our ways and let you DIRECT our path.
Thank you, Lord, for the multitude of counsellors. . .in them we find safety.
We never want to stay a place you've moved from. . .
nor do we want to move to a place without you're leading." krp



No comments: