About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hear My Cry, Oh Lord!

Psalm 61

King James Version (KJV)
 
61 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
 
 

Tonight I sit here feeling the heaviness of knowing our nation is going down. . .
Our leaders have failed us. . .they have failed God. . .and his son.
What was once a nation of courageous men and women seeking freedom to serve
the great God of heaven has become a place for every foul spirit.
We are surrounded here in Texas by lots of people who still regard God. . .
They still love Jesus.
They still carry "light" on a candlestick and allow it to "brighten the corner where they are".
I am so thankful for all the wonderful customers we have who love the Lord.
I am so thankful for those who are willing to "stand" up and "fight" with weapons
of the spirit, not guns or natural weapons, but the weapons of the Christian.
 
2 Corinthians 10
King James Version (KJV)
 
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the
knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
 
 
 
Oh sweet Jesus, you fought and won your battle here on earth.
You are our hero. . .our pattern.
You were willing to suffer for us. . .you were willing to pour out your soul unto death.
Please Lord, get us ready, help us to be willing to lay ourselves on your altar.
Lord, help us to realize no matter what, we can't change things for the whole world.
I can't decide I don't want to face what's ahead, so I'll just haul off my family somewhere
where they'll be safe from all the destruction. . .there is not a place like that. . .
the only place we can go to for shelter is to the ROCK. . .get under HIS WINGS.
He is our safety. . .He is our defense.
He is our hiding place just like the song says. . .When I am afraid, I will trust in Him.
 
Tonight I just pray for my grandchildren.
I pray that they will not be overcome with fear in the days ahead.
Lord, please allow your sweet peace to crowd out the uncertainty we all feel griping the world.
I pray they will feel the sweet spirit of the Lord, the precious holy ghost, standing up
inside their hearts to give them the liberty to serve you in a world of bondage.
I pray they will show mercy to those who are filled with evil, wicked actions. . .
That compassion will fill their hearts as they realize how "great the darkness" is in
the hearts of those who are evil.
Again, please Lord, help them to be bold in your spirit.
Help them to "open" doors of darkness and allow your light to spill onto all those in need.
 
I pray for my children and their spouses. . .all part of my heart.
Lord, help them to value the things you value.
Help them to hate the things you hate.
Lord, help them to be brave and courageous as they face the enemy each day.
Help them to speak your truth to the elements that would try to destroy them.
When we have much, help us to be thankful and share our wealth. . .
When we have little, help us be thankful and share our little.
 
Lord, I pray you will bless my wonderful husband. . .
Thank you for giving me a man who loves people.
It is easier to follow him since I see his love for the "House of David" and even those who aren't.
Thank you for all the times he wakes up early and goes to the shop to read your word and pray.
Thank you for all the times he kneels down and starts each morning with prayer
in our bedroom or beside the bed in the grand kid's play room.
Thank you Lord for the way he begins each morning by walking outside
the door and saying "Good Morning" to you as he looks into the heavens.
I am blessed for that covering.
I am blessed that his customers see his faith and bring him
their prayer requests as well as their business needs.
He is a witness. . .everyday. . .sometimes he doesn't shine as well as others. . .
but he does carry light into the darkness. . .and sometimes his light is overpowering.
I'm thankful that a least once and sometimes twice a month he is willing
to stay away from the house while we have our "mother's group" meetings.
He doesn't ever come in and pressure the women to leave. . .
he just patiently waits until he sees the cars are almost all gone,
then he leaves that shop (usually around 12 midnight) and comes in asking if all went well.
He gets his own meal that evening even though we fix a big meal for the ladies,
yet he doesn't complain.
That is a blessing!
I pray that you will bless Tom. . .bless Him however you see fit.
I know, you know what he needs to be an overcomer,
Please help me to give him the honor he is due.
When I honor him, I know I honor you, Lord.
 
Lord, bless not only my children. . .not only my brothers and sister and their families,
not just Tom's brothers and sisters. . .
but Lord, bless all those who are seeking you!
All those that are out there in some ungodly place of ill repute searching for something that
will fill the emptiness they feel inside. . .
change their tattered garment into a robe of  purity. . .
 
Lord, I just thank you for the wonderful testimonies/preaching that we heard
over this past week-end.
I want to load up on oil for my lamp. . .I don't want to run out because
the darker it gets the more I'll have to use what I have in my own heart. . .
I won't get to hear the testimonies and songs of Zion as often. . .
I won't be sitting at a big spiritual table full of fresh bread from heaven. . .
I'll be running off the oil in my own storehouse.. .the words I've heard over the years. . .
the scriptures I've learned.
 
Bless you name Lord! 
I feel better for talking to you.


Lord, I never want to fail you. . .I don't want you to be disappointed in me.
I want you to be victorious in my life. . .krp

 
 
 

No comments: