About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thinking about weddings. . .songs. . .church



I've been thinking about wedding songs . . .
About how music sets the tone for a ceremony. . .
Maybe the music we select displays our true marriage values.
I just love church weddings the most of all because they are so God centered.
They are performed right there in His gathering place.
Right where He has visited His people again and again with His spirit.
I love beautiful, fancy places too, but they just lack that extra-special anointing felt at church.
I know. . .this is just my opinion. . .but I still love the beauty of holiness felt in church.
I remember when Doug and Stan were getting ready to select their wives. . . 
the Lord actually gave me a song for them. . .and for my family to use if they wanted
from then on.
Here are the words. . .I don't have a copy of the sheet music but the Lord gave me the music too.
Isn't HE awesome. . .He's so mindful of our unions.
To Have and To Hold 
"To have and to hold, Dear. . .
In sickness and health.
To raise up a family. . .and make God our wealth.
To establish a home, Love, with Christ by our side. . .
This is my purpose as I make you my Bride.
My eye will be single, my heart will be true. . .
Everything that I have, Love, I'll share it with you.
In this life together, we'll work for the Lord. . .
'Til death do us part, Dear, I give you my word.
Walking together, each step of the way. . .
Sharing each other, through each passing day.
Living and loving, through laughter and tears. . .
Best friends and lovers. . .all the rest of our years.
My eye will be single, my heart will be true. . .
Everything that I have, Love, I'll share it with you.
In this life together, we'll work for the Lord. . .
'Til death do us part, Dear, I give you my word."
krp
God gave it to me, for them. . .and I love it.
It seems like each line He gave me carried a deep marriage value.
I especially loved the line. . ."make God our wealth".
You'll always have plenty if God is your wealth.
It you make sure your life is stocked with God's values. . .
God's principles. . .God's Word. . .God's people.
If you purpose to walk together until death parts you no matter if it's times of
happiness or heartbreaking tears.
Anyway. . .I was just thinking of that song last night. . .and I was thankful God let us use it.
Another song He gave me for my folk's 50th anniversary celebration was this. . .
Fifty Golden Years
"When you were young, I saw you. . .
and said, "I'll make you mine."
I promised I would love you. . .down through the years of time.
Now we are growing older. . .we've had fifty successful years. . .
Serving God together, taking Him all of our fears.
Fifty golden years. . .of sacrifice and love.
Raising our children. . . working for God. . .making our home a Place- Where- Love- Grows.
Fifty golden years. . .of precious memories.
I still love you and together we stand thanking God for another day.
Now we are growing old, I'm glad you still are mine.
Each day together is precious, we carefully spend our time. . .
Hoping to leave this message. . .be faithful and true to the Lord. . .
Share His love each day of your life and receive an eternal reward.
Fifty golden years. . .of sacrifice and love.
Raising our children. . . working for God. . .making our home a Place- Where -Love- Grows.
Fifty golden years. . .of precious memories.
I still love you and together we stand thanking God for another day."
krp
  
At the celebration we followed this song up with "Thank You, Lord, For Saving My Soul"
and had those attending join in.  It was so sweet.
My mom loved the song so much she'd have me play it when I was in Mt. Carmel after
Daddy passed away.  Then later as Mother was having her own cancer battle
She'd say, "Karen, play our song and sing it."
The song told the sweet story of their lives. . .growing in love and serving God.
Note: Daddy had cancer and was going down with each day at the time of the celebration.
It was November of 2001. . .that last line of the chorus I'd wanted to put "year" instead of "day"
but I felt the Lord keep telling me to put "day" there, not year.
I knew what that meant, God wasn't giving them another year, but he wanted them to thank
Him for each day they had left. . .it made me sad, but also made me know God was mindful
in even the seemingly smallest thoughts of this song.
Daddy passed away in August of 2002. . .God almost gave Him another year, but like He
prompted me, it wasn't. . .it was days.
  

Psalm 90:12

King James Version (KJV)
12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

No comments: