About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Courage to Pray In Texas. . .Thank You Governor Perry

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed:
 lead me to the rock that is higher than I."   Psalm 61: 1-2

I just wanted to say that I am SO THANKFUL that right here in good old Houston, Texas we have Governor Rick Perry.  A man who realizes the root problem with the USA isn't really job shortages, or lack of funding for projects, or health insurance. . .but the spiritual problem of rejecting God's moral values and replacing them with sin.  Sin is the new standard for our nation. . .anything goes, anything but righteousness.  


I for one want to applaud a man who is willing to stick out his neck and his career with a day of fasting, prayer and repentance. I don't care if he's white or black. . .if he's Republican or Democrat. . .if a man in authority wants to encourage people to seek the Lord and pray, humbling themselves before the Great God of Heaven, then we should be willing to give him support.  If you are one, then I thank you!


I remember one time during a seminar it was said that we should obey the leaders of our country in everything that doesn't violate God's Word/law.  The only time we can honestly refuse to obey is when commanded to do something that violates God's Word. (and even then we should make a righteous appeal) God's rule trumps all others. That stayed in my heart and made me want to obey in everything I can because I am a child of God.  I know the Lord respects order.  Gov. Perry isn't making it a command or rule that we pray, he is just asking that those who believe in God and his son, Jesus, would join him and others tomorrow in prayer.  Most people don't want to take that strong a stand.  It takes courage to be a Christian today.


I can't go to the event. . .but I did sign up online to pray and fast. . .and yes, I will repent. 
  • I will repent for my own sins and for the sins of the nation I'm a part of. 
  •  I will mourn for the way our once so blessed country is turning to other gods and religions.
  •  I will thank God for those who still have the courage to STAND up for the values and character qualities Jesus exemplifies.


Anyway, I just wanted to say thank God for the men and women who consider what the Lord cares about.  People who know when a nation starts rejecting God it turns into hell.  The serious problems we face today with morals, finances, health, family living, etc. are all a result of rejecting God's law. . .as a nation and as individuals.

Help us Lord.

No comments: