About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Friday, February 24, 2012

MIA? POW? AWOL?. . .Because of Him You Can Make It



March 8, 2011
(This was the original date of an email I sent out. . .I updated it and am putting it on my blog because it’s still true today. This is written with my own church group in mind.)

This afternoon I was watching an old church video.  The band was playing "Because of Him" and it sounded beautiful! The camera scanned the band and I saw many of you playing on your instruments . . .but today you're no longer playing the songs of Zion. . . I also saw a powerful prayer line with many of you responding to the spirit of the Lord. . .but again many of you aren't in the prayer lines anymore. . .The pews were filled with lots of beautiful young people and you were one of them. . .but you are not sitting there today.  It made my heart sad. I missed you.

If there ever was a time the church and the Lord needs young people (young as in 30 - 50 years of age) to be on the Lord's side, IT IS NOW.  I know many of you have been through some really rough places in family problems, marriage problems, job losses, health issues, raising your own children and even church people have let you down. . .but through all those problems one thing has stayed constant. . .God's love for you. . .and You Can Make It Because of HIM!  I just started praying for you all and I felt the sweet spirit of the Lord as I prayed. I love you all very much, but He assisted me while I prayed. I was just crying and pouring out how much I really wanted you all to be successful in the Lord. . .how much I hoped that you could get all your problems turned over to the only one who could solve them. . .how I wanted to make it myself. If we do overcome it will be all because the Lord and His son had compassion on us. . .but we can do it because He made a way!

Many times I've failed the tests God has placed in my pathway. . .but sometimes He didn't have anything to do with my problems, I just took myself out from under the hand of the Lord.  Once I was out from under my spiritual covering, Satan had no trouble getting to me. . .Satan didn't even have to go through the Lord to trouble me, I was in Satan's territory by my own choice, I was fair game for the enemy. When we get out from under our spiritual covering we are going to get wet and dirty from all the sin raining down on the earth.

Just reading the daily news on the Internet or seeing a video clip of all that is going on in our government. . .seeing our nation's moral integrity crumbling. . .or  watching how our nation is accepting "other gods" and giving them the same deference as our God. . .makes me know for a fact that long ago our ministers were right on target about the direction the world was going.  They told us the only place of safety was the "ark"/church the Lord was building. I don't like the world getting darker. . .I don't want our only hope to be Jesus. . .I want you all to be able to enjoy the kind of world I had when I was a kid. I want my kids and grand kids to live in a free country and have lots of food, clothing, fun times, wealth and safety. But the truth is, it doesn't matter what I want to happen in this world or on this earth. . .Jesus and his father have already put their own plan for my salvation in motion and I can disagree with it all I want but I'll be the one lost.   Unless I agree with their plan and "get on board" I will be lost and I will also make it harder for my children.

When I think about it in those terms, I am so thankful the Father sent Jesus to redeem me! When Adam sinned he pulled the “pin on a huge time bomb”. It is going to destroy everyone who won't agree to be redeemed by Jesus. . .but we Can Make It Because Of Jesus.   We can be redeemed from destruction if we'll put our life in His hands. He doesn't want me to be lost. . .He doesn't want my kids or grand kids to be lost. . .He wants to "save" people.  We need to get hold of Jesus’ hand and hang on for life.

I want to encourage each of you to search your hearts. . .see if the Lord would have need of you. . .see if you would have need of Him.  Many of the older folks, myself included, have made mistakes in the past that some of you just can't get over. . .please forgive us for the wrongs we've done. I don't want anything to stand in the way of you allowing the Lord to hold you.  Now some of you are the parents and your kids will probably think you've made mistakes in how you have directed them. . .but the older we get, the more we realize we are responsible for our own decisions and the direction our life moves. When people did us wrong we had the same ability to forgive them as they had to repent. We both could have made a difference by responding the righteous way.

Today we can find the truth of the song, "The Only Real Peace That I Have, Dear Lord, Is In You". He is our only Hope.

I encourage you all to find your way back to HIS service. Dedicate your lives to Him. It will encourage those of us who are older to stay on the battle field for the Lord.  Show us how to serve the Lord by example. . .we’ve tried and we're still trying to live the life He wants us to live. We’d love for you to come in and show us how to do better. . .

There is so much to do for the Lord. I know we can stand together for righteousness in a world promoting sinful living daily. I know the most of you don't want your children to follow a path to destruction. . .you want the very best for your children.   We can "tell" our kids to do the right thing and hope they will. . .or we can rise up ourselves, call the Lord our King and lead them by example.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know. . .I love you. I care about you. I pray for you when I see you on the video /DVD of services past. Life is too short to waste on things that won't be eternal.  God has given "You an Invitation" to get on board his "Ark of Safety". . .but it's up to you to manifest the integrity to rise to the occasion and be a man or woman of God.  It wasn't ever "easy" for anyone who was a true Christian to give up their own life. Every person who ever served God had things they wanted to do that didn't include following Jesus. . .but thank God for those that gave themselves over to His calling.

Blessings to you all! I pray that when you lay your head on your pillow – the Lord will talk to your heart. . . That when you sleep, He will fill your dreams. ..That when you sit down to eat - you will remember sitting in the house of the Lord eating at His table while the minister’s broke bread. . .That when you go to your daily job/occupation - you will remember and surrender to the "job" He has for you to do.

After reading this please feel free to pass it on to any you know who are AWOL or MIA from HIS service. . .or maybe they’re a POW but still looking for a way to get back to the Army of the Lord.   Jesus loves you all and He has the plan for life eternal.  He can help us out of or through any situation if we will confess our sin, forsake it and follow His plan. 
He will help us if we let Him. We can make it because of Him.

Loads of Love,  Karen Peach


John 3:6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


Lord, Help us to come home and stay home until the storm passes over and your glory fills the earth. krp

One more note: I was happy to see some of those who I had prayed for that day in March of 2011 in our Houston General Meeting. . .going through the prayer lines. . .working on the parking lots. . .helping on the usherette staff. . .in the serving lines. . .or just sitting on the pews and it made me feel happy!



No comments: