Meekness = Yielding our rights to God so He can demonstrate His peace and power through our lives. (Bill Gothard)
"The MEEK will he guide in judgment: and the MEEK will he teach his way."
So we could say, if I yield my rights to God, if I will bow to His word and listen to His voice,
He will help me make the correct decisions about even the "cares of this life".
I will be able to say this thing might be good. .. but this other thing is even better.
This partner might seem successful, but is this person God's choice for me?
This product might catch the eye, but this other product is more solid, substantial and at a better price.
If I will make my carnal thinking bow to the wisdom of Christ
I will find success. He will teach me His Way.
I want," to want" to do that.
I want to allow my own thinking to be filtered through the Word of God.
I want to let the Holy Ghost direct my thoughts, actions and motives.
Meekness is something I need in my survival kit for the journey of life.
I need to apply it daily and let it sink into my innermost being.
How Meek Am I? (adapted from Daily Success)
- Have I dedicated myself to God ? . . . yielded all my rights to Him?
- Do I have full confidence that God is in control of all areas of my life?
- Is my goal to become more like Jesus?
- Have I received and responded to the truths of the gospel?
- Do others compliment me having a meek and quiet spirit or do they react to my angry spirit?
- Do people resist my advice or counsel when I try to help them?
- Do I speak evil of those in positions of authority? Of those over various leaderships roles?
- Do people ask me how I am so peaceful when serious adversities come into my life?
- Have I let go of my own wants to pick up what Jesus calls my responsibilities?
- When I do something good and others compliment me, do I give honor to the others who helped make it successful?
Eeeeeekkkkk! I'm not that meek.
"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel, But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a MEEK and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."
I Peter 3: 3-4
Here are some picture updates.
|A forever friend got a little older last Saturday but is still young compared to me. . .|
Vicki E. Lockler.
Happy Birthday and Many More!
Jesse takes off on bicycle without training wheels!
George dances on table rejoicing. 10-03-12
Background noise. . .Grandma while doing video.
|Kathryn loses both front teeth. . .now she knows what she wants for Christmas!|
|Handsome older gentleman, Tom, watching VBS program.|
|Happy kids, Eden and Levi, display their "handiwork" on pumpkins.|
|Nerd one. . .Joe|
|Nerd 2 - Bucky|
These are not "real nerds" but disguised so as to protect their true "all boy" characteristics.
|Best buddies, Jesse and George, staying overnight with Grandma.|
|Boys working on a project.|
|Another play project.|
|Little Emily getting brave about trying to stand on her own.|
|Girls all decked out in "trash bags" so they can paint with PaPaw in the shop. . .first a little pretend boxing match.|
Laura and Kathryn