About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Mesothelioma survivor, Heather wants to share her blog. . .

This is an email I received from Heather, a reader of my Blog.
She is a cancer survivor.
She asked that I contact her via email because she wanted to
ask me a question. . .I did and here was her response.
It sounds like she has been through a lot and wants to reach out
and help others by sharing her testimony.
I have read some of her testimony and want to give you the
opportunity to read it too if you'd so desire.
I don't know this young lady personally or her personal beliefs. . . but I hope that
she will be blessed with her husband and daughter in the years ahead.
I personally know that Jesus is the answer for life. . .
our hope is in him. . .in his word. . .and without
him our lives are just meaningless, empty shells.
So, if you'd be interested in reading Heather's story please see
the link below.


Hi Karen!

Thanks so much for emailing me! The reason I have reached out to you is because of your blog! I am 44 and a mother to a quirky little 7 year old, Lily. She is my only child, and my whole world. When Lily was just 3 1/2 months old, I was diagnosed with Mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills 90-95% of those who have it. As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to mind when I was diagnosed was my baby girl and how I wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up.


After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here almost 7 years later and cancer free! My journey with cancer was a terrifying one and I'd like to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own. I contacted you because I feel that your blog would be an excellent place for me to share my story. I realize that you may be thinking my story is not exactly a perfect fit for your blog audience, but I’m trying to raise awareness of this horrible little known cancer that is such a deadly killer (and sadly, 100% preventable) Would you accept a guest post from me about my journey as a new mother with cancer and the dangers of asbestos? I would love if you could at least include my link in your blogroll! Here is the link to my blog if you want to read some of my story: www.mesothelioma.com/blog/authors/heather. Either one would be such a great help to me.

Let me know what you think!


Heather

No comments: