About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Friday, February 22, 2013

What's robbing you of your time?

Ephesians 5
14. . . Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.


 
 
I just wanted to post this little poem I read today on my
"Daily Success" email from Bro. Bill Gothard.
 
 "Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever."
 
Reminds me of the saying Tom's dad used to always repeat. . .
"Only one life. . .that soon passed. . .only what's done for God will last."
 
I just felt like the Lord was encouraging me today to evaluate the "things" I let rob me of my time. . .I'm accountable to the Lord for how I spend it
. . .am I investing in God's work?
. . .am I using it selfishly for my own good pleasure?
. . .or am I investing it something that will last for eternity?
 
Lord, help me rid my life of all the things that steal my allotment of time from you. . .
help me to give my time to you, for your purposes and then I will be trading in my
earthly time for eternal values. . .life everlasting.
Help me be a righteous influence on my Grandchildren by not providing things for 
them that will steal their time.
 krp
 
 








Picture 1- Travis tries to help Mom out by dressing himself. . .well, using a
baby ones-ie for underwear and a head band as an accessory is not the look Mom wanted!
 
 
Picture 2 - Tom's folks, Frank and Willa Peach on their wedding day. 
 

No comments: