About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Learn the "voice" of the shepherd. . .

 
 
"Before children can learn to reject the voice of a stranger, they must learn to recognize the voice of the Savior."
 Bill Gothard
 
 
St. John 10

1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
__________________
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.


Old Chorus. . .

"Oh I love to hear His voice. . .saying, 'You belong to me! 
You are not your own, with a price you're bought,
and you're mine eternally!' 
And I love to hear Him say, 'I have saved you by my grace!'
And when I get to glory it will then be greater still for I shall see His face."
 
 
 
I've posted this clip before. . .but it is still true.
Teach me Lord, to follow. . .to trust your voice. . .to find peace in following you.
 

No comments: