About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Let God be true and every man a liar. . .

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest overcome when thou art judged.
 

We just came from a meeting where the ministry talked about the importance
of standing firm on God's principles.
It's not an option to decide for ourselves if something is "right" or "wrong"
if God already clearly stated His values on the subject.
I can be wrong about something in my thinking, but after I'm shown
the truth of God's Word on the situation, I should let God
change my mind. . . my heart. . .and my lifestyle so
I can be a "light" in the darkness.
 
Sodomy is one of those things our world is just embracing
as if God didn't give us a clear statement on that lifestyle.
I mean, God said it was an abomination to Him!
abomination [əˌbɒmɪˈneɪʃən] n
1. a person or thing that is disgusting
2. an action that is vicious, vile, etc.
3. intense loathing
 
That's pretty plain.
I mean, He hates divorce and that is strong but He does make some
exceptions regarding divorce. . .not so with sodomy. . .no exceptions.
He wiped out a whole city over sodomy and the one
righteous(?) family barely escaped with their lives. . .
actually only three of the family made it out and the rest were lost.
 
Does God love people who have been lured into this abomination?
Yes. . .He loves them enough to give them the opportunity, like Lot's family,
to flee from that condition. . .
but failure to flee and reject sodomy will result in destruction.
God doesn't want to destroy people, He just doesn't want those people
to destroy others by introducing them to a lifestyle He has declared evil.
You might say, "I don't try to get others to live this way." but by
living that style of life you are influencing others everyday.
You are in open warfare with God's Word.
 
So, today as I read in the newspapers of more and more folks
accepting and even endorsing sodomy. . .even same sex marriage. . .
I am reminded that God doesn't change his mind because of a president. . .
 or an ex-president's wife. . . or a minister of the "gospel" (?). . .
or a teacher. . .or professor who promotes sodomy.
God doesn't say you should be able to marry who ever  you love. . .
You might be in love with someone's wife/husband. . .
You're not free to marry them. . .
You might be in love with someone who doesn't want to marry you. . .
you are not free to marry them against their will. . .
You might be in love with someone of the same sex. . .
God says, "NO!"
 You are not free to marry them and there is no way you can morally enter into
a sexual relationship with them as a man/woman of God.
Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not porsper: bot whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
 
Do I make mistakes in my life?
Yes.
Do I know that lying, cheating, having a bad attitude, gossip, hate,failure to forgive, spreading discord are also sins God hates?
Yes!
So I must allow the Lord to convict my heart when I do these things.
I must ask Him to change my heart and write His law upon my thinking.
 
Anyway, I just want the world to know God is true and everyman or
woman who believes something against His standard is wrong in their thinking.
God made this world. . .He is the one who makes the rules.
You want to live for ever?
You want Him to be pleased with your life?
You want to feel peace in times of trouble?
You want the joy of the Lord bubbling up inside your soul?
Are you tired of being ashamed to lift up your hands to the Lord?
Then agree with the Lord.
Call dirt, "dirt". . .  Call sin, "sin". . . Call truth, "truth".
You can change if you will allow Jesus to purify your heart. . .
if you will let Him teach you to despise the things that break His heart.
 
Do I want to see those living in sodomy saved. . .
yes!
 I am praying for them to walk right out of those chains of darkness
and enter into the light of God's deliverance.
I have old friends who have left the straight path and followed
the path of sodomy. . .
my heart breaks for them but we each live with the choices we make.
As long as you're living you can still make choice to do God's will,
You will have to live with the consequences of your past choices,
but you will be able to feel God's grace upon your decision to agree with Him. 
 
Here's an old, old song we sing sometimes in our services. . .
~Oh, I love to hear His voice, saying, "You belong to me!
You are not your own, with a price you're bought. . .
and you're mine eternally."
And I love to hear Him say, "I have saved you by my grace. . ."
And when I get to heaven it will then be greater still for I shall see His face.~

Proverbs 21:30

There is no wisdom nor nderstanding nor counsel against the LORD.

One more note: I you are feeling compassion for someone who is lost,
don't agree with them about their lifestyle if you really want them helped. . .
agree with God and in love show them the truth of scripture.
There is no better wisdom than God's. . .no better understanding of how
people should live than what God has given us and
we certainly cannot give one better counsel than God's word on any matter.
So, if you love someone and really want them to get help. . .
tell them what they NEED to hear, not what they WANT to hear.
Don't just throw them a lifeline, show them how to get ahold and hang on
until they are safely inside the boat.
When you deal with a person who are you trying to please?
Them? or Him?
If you please Him. . .you will possibly be able to really help them.
 

No comments: