About Me

My photo
One Grandma, trying to let the light of Jesus shine through me. . . reaching out into the darkness with love to little hands, hearts and minds . . .for Jesus.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

One Day at a Time. . .The Lord's Prayer

Stan has a friend who has been very sick with cancer and one morning when I was praying for him
I felt the Lord speaking to my heart about the Lord's prayer. . .so I wrote to him about it. . .and then
today I was thinking about my brother-in-law, Greg Martin, and it came to me again so I am posting
it online to encourage us all to focus on living for the Lord. . .one day at a time. . .and let's let him
have his way in our lives so He can build his kingdom. 
 
Rachel and Greg listening to "God Will Make A Way, Where There Seems to Be No Way"
shortly before surgery today.
Greg had a tumor removed from his brain. . .the doctor feels like the surgery went well but
the tumor was most likely malignant. . .he has sent off the biopsy for confirmation.
God will make a way!
 
 
 
Matthew 6: The Lord's Prayer
9 Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
I was just thinking . . .when Jesus prayed he first gave honor to his father before anything else. . .he showed him reverence.. . .so I should want to reverence his name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Then he told his father he wanted his father's kingdom here on earth to be completed. . .just like his father has complete power in heaven we want him to have power over our "earth".
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
But this is what really stood out to me; Jesus said, give us THIS DAY. . .he didn't ask for 70 years or 40 years. . .just this day. That really made me think. . .we don't need to ask the Lord for a lifetime at once. . .just ask him to give us THIS DAY. . .and bread  for it.  That's all I need today.
You think you could live that way? One day from the Lord at a time? That's how we all should live. Sometimes the Lord lets us get sick enough to realize we need him EVERYDAY. . .and we realize that is a blessing in itself. . .realizing our need for Him. . .HE is drawing us to him. If we were well we'd
think we didn't need him right now, but we do need him everyday and sickness helps us realize that great truth. One day at a time we wake up and honor him for being a mighty God, then we ask him how can we help him build his kingdom. . .then we ask him to GIVE US THIS DAY.
I really felt good in that thought, living day by day with the Lord in control of my life. I've thought it before but it just is such a powerful thought.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Then we go on to ask God to forgive us for the things we owe to him, but haven't given him. . .that we too want to forgive others who have failed us. . .I mean really failed us and caused us pain. . .but we like the Lord want to forgive them because we know He's forgiven us.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Finally we ask him not to take us where we'd be tempted, but to deliver us from the evil things that would tempt us to doubt in him. . . .for He is the very ultimate thing we need. . .he is power and glory. He is life. .and there is not a better kingdom than the Lord's.
One day at a time the Lord has a work for us.  We can stand with the Lord and face the enemy! 
Let's have victory no matter how intense the battle. . .one day at a time.
_______________________________________________
Here are a few more songs I love. . .hope they bless you. . .music is a very good way to let the Lord encourage your heart!
 
http://www.bensonsound.com/lyrics/1718.htm Garment of Praise for the Spirit of Heaviness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d71dZNP9pQ The Potter Knows the Clay

No comments: